Tuesday, February 20, 2007

After Reflecting On My Last Post

I realized that some movies I've always thought of as "sports movies" are totally NOT sports movies.

For example:

Vision Quest = NOT a sports movie.

Youngblood = NOT a sports movie.

The Cutting Edge = NOT a sports movie.

Space Camp = Just kidding, I haven't even seen it.

Rocky = SPORTS MOVIE.

I think the rule is: if it stars at least one member of the Brat Pack, OR a guy would not watch it more than once, OR there are shots of any player shirtless outside of practice or the locker room, it's not a sports movie.

Or, you know, if it's not about sports.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

The Cutting Edge? LOVE THAT MOVIE.

TOE PICK!

8:19 PM  
Blogger ali said...

Rocky is not a sports movie, it's a love story. Or so says one of my creative writing teacherzzzzz.

5:41 AM  
Blogger lanyard said...

What kind of guy wouldn't watch The Cutting Edge more than once?

6:56 AM  
Blogger K said...

I LOVE THE CUTTING EDGE. It's just not a sports movie, and not because it's about figure skating. Undeniably, it's a love story.

9:34 AM  
Blogger lanyard said...

When I stopped in Duane Reade last night to buy shampoo (intended) and a KING SIZE! bag of Raisinets (impulse), The Cutting Edge was on sale for $9.99 up near the register. I thought maybe it was a sign from Gourd, but didn't buy it.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog...!
Your "about me" is very funny.

5:57 PM  
Blogger K said...

THANKS!!!!!!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home