Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Don't Censor Me, Friendster, or I Can't Believe My Downstairs Neighbor is Still Screaming

I just tried to post a bulletin on Friendster that contained the word "shit" twice and they totally wouldn't let me. So I eliminated the offensive portion and now I don't even know if it actually posted.

Dear Friendster,

I know you've made a bunch of "awesome" upgrades to your site, and that you were mentioned on the cancelled television series "Ed," and that you have all these great "users," but here's the thing:

People who need to have flashcards to remember who their friends are use your website to have casual sex or exchange intermittent pleasantries with people they cannot stand more than a 2-inch pictorial representation of at any given moment.

Also, myspace is kinda better.

Sincerely,
Anonymous User


My downstairs neighbor, who is also my landlord's sister ( I already lost you) definitely just had an hour-long, screaming argument with my other downstairs neighbor, and then screamed about it again for an hour on the phone with someone else. The worst part about it was that I found out how much the guy downstairs pays rent, which is *nothing* whereas I, being part of the Brooklyn Boom n' Bust, pay actual gold bullion and a quart of blood for my room share. However, the free loud argument service makes it totally worth it, I guess.
Hey, I like writing this small. It makes me feel like Mark Twain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home