Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Why Is 10-15% of Every Chicken Product Weird?

I have noticed this with many meat products, but particularly chicken. I don't understand why we can teach monkeys sign language and give people robotic limbs, but we can't remove the strange chewy portion (usually in one of the corners, but SOMETIMES in the middle) of my chicken breast before it gets packaged/cooked. And I'm not talking about reconstitued meants, people. I mean, I EXPECT that kind of thing from processed meats. Seriously, everyone's gotten a bad bite before. It ruins the whole meal! And how about those times when it's your first bite?? I'd like to say that in those instances, at least one can look forward to the rest of the eating experience being rubbery-nodule free, but really it just puts you on the nervous hawk-eye for the rest of the meal. ARE YOU LISTENING, SCIENCE???

4 Comments:

Blogger ali said...

That's chicken gristle. And there's at least 2 bites worth in every serving of Hopkins's cashew chicken salad bowl but I still love it.

12:15 PM  
Blogger K said...

SLOPKINS CHICKEN HOLE, more like.

1:59 PM  
Blogger lanyard said...

I fromember in high school when we used to go to McDonald's and get Crispy Chicken sammitches and, inevitably, at some point in the meal, one (or both) of you would take a bite, look disgusted, fish something out of your mouf, and exclaim, "Ew! I got The Brain!"

Good times.

7:22 PM  
Blogger K said...

YES!!!! THE BRAIN!!!!!!!! Ew.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home