Friday, March 07, 2008

My Proudest Moment Revealed

A rare narrative moment with...me.

Now, I have searched high and low for a video clip of this, but I could not find one, so everyone will just have to take my word for it.

When I was in high school, I absolutely loved watching Talk Soup with John Henson. I didn't really watch when Greg Kinnear was on, and I loved Hal Sparks and continue to enjoy Joel McHale (sp?) when I see his episodes, but John Henson was absolutely hilari-awesome. So much so, that I drew a picture of him, Tom, and that weird sock puppet and sent it to them while Mr. Henson was on the show (I think it also included a rendering of the famous "Can of pig brains-eating" incident). I don't know why I did it; I guess I thought they might find it endearing. In truth, it was a kind of lame pencil drawing, but it was the kind of thing that I would have loved if I were John Henson (maybe). BUT! Months later, I happened to be watching when they did a "salute" to fans and fan art, and...THEY. FEATURED. IT. BY. PUTTING. IT. UP. ON. THE. SCREEN. FOR. LIKE. AT. LEAST. 10. SECONDS.

THIS WAS MY PROUDEST MOMENT.

Also, I have a master's degree.

STILL: Proudest moment.

Fin.

3 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

I used to want to marry John Henson, and I am extremely impressed by your 10 seconds of Talk Soup fame.

Extremely.

I couldn't use caps or this entire message would have been caps.

11:43 AM  
Blogger lanyard said...

P.S. Alan Wu eating the Pork Brains in Milk: still one of the grossest things I have seen on television.

11:43 AM  
Blogger lanyard said...

P.P.S. Picture this said in the tone of that kid from The Sandlot:

I love you, Kathode. A LOT.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home