Thursday, August 11, 2005

Good Shows

I've seen two good shows already this week. On monday I saw Best Week Ever Live at the UCB Theatre, which was awesome. I had planned to also go to the two shows afterward, but I would have had to go back outside to the huge line both times, so I made a mental note that one show per venue per night would probably be a good policy.

So this week's BWEL had Jesse Klein, Aziz Ansari, Rob Huebel and Pete Holmes. It was a great show and just made me want to see all of their shows more. I keep trying to pin down a day when I can see Aziz's show (Aziz Ansari Punched a Wall), but I'm broke, and a blowtard. Also, Jesse Klein=steadily moving up in my top five favorite comedians, or I guess people, generally. Is that weird?

Last night I went to Invite Them Up! at the RiFiFi in the east village, another show I've wanted to see for a long time. Bobby Tisdale is hysterical and I had a weird "conversation" with him about colonics (if you can call divulging personal information about a friend's colon practices to a large audience a "conversation"). Eugene Mirman, sadly, was not there because he's, awesomely, doing the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in (wait for it) Scotland, naturally. However, Eric Slovin was there, which was cool, and he read Eugene's tour diary, which was even cooler. Demetri Martin, Mike Birbiglia, Andrew Goldstein, Chris Jurek and Tom McCaffrey also performed, and it was a great show. I would include a link to their new website, but apparently I don't know how to put up links on my page as none of them work. Yes, I am sulking. Also, crying.

Hmmm...do I really have to get a meningitis shot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home