Saturday, March 25, 2006

Am I The Only Person In the World That Likes M. Night Shyamalan?

Seriously, what's with the backlash? I didn't see Unbreakable, and that new Amex commercial is kinda dumb, but I liked Signs, The Sixth Sense, and The Village.

I'm watching Signs right now since it's on tv and...It. Is. Awesome.

I like M. Night Shyamalan movies and I don't care. Whatever.

Also, I really, really, really like Joaquin Pheonix a lot (so I should probably see Walk the Line), especially in Signs, but I heard that Mark Ruffalo was actually supposed to play his part but couldn't because he was ill. I also love Mark Ruffalo (so I sould definitely see Thirteen Going On Thirty) and I think he would have played the same role just as well (perhaps in different ways) so MNS does deserve credit for writing such a good movie. I think some people aren't really into the whole christian theme, but I say it's good.

This was an excellent rumination session interesting only to me, as usual.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kathy,

i was home on saturday night and i too watched Signs. i like it. even with commercials. also. you definitely need to see 13 going on 30 as well as Just Like Heaven.[mark ruffalo and reese witherspoon]seriously, two thumbs up for both.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU! Here's my thought (singular, but long-winded and excessively bitter) on M. Night Shyamalamadingdong: I was with him up until The Village. Nay, I was with him up to half way through The Village, until you find out that the monsters are really people in monster suits. Everyone was expecting a totally lame twist like that, and M. Night totally delivered. He even had another chance to deliver a total mindblower at the end, but no, it turned out that HUMANITY IS TEH REALL MONSTER!1!!11!!! It would have been a totally awesome movie if the twist had been that the monsters were (wait for it)...actual monsters! But no, M. Night thinks he's so goddamn smart, "Check it out guys, remember how I totally tricked you in The Sixth Sense? Well, you're not gonna expect it this time!"

9:05 PM  
Blogger K said...

Can I get a

SPOILER ALERT?!

8:17 PM  
Blogger K said...

And another thing...

THE VILLAGE IS ABOUT FEAR.

I'm being deliberately weird, btw.

8:18 PM  
Blogger lanyard said...

How about how you said that was an excellent rumination session interesting only to you, but here I am, AN ENTIRE YEAR LATER, reading through your archives and reminiscing for the days when you used to post frequently. I hope you get your comments emailed to you, or else you will never see this. Maybe I should confess some weird shit. You already know everything horrible about me, though. "jnxkd."

--Jinx Kid

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home