Friday, October 28, 2005

Demetri Martin at The Village Theater

Everyone should see Demetri Martin's latest show, These Are Jokes, at The Village Theater. There are still some shows left
so definitely get tickets (I tried to find the image on the promo cards online because it's a drawing of Demetri and is overall awesome, but no luck. That may or may not have been grammatically correct. UNPROFESSIONAL!). I saw the show on thursday night and it was great. I had never been to The Village Theater before and it's a really nice space. The show itself had special significance for me because Demetri was using the same Casio keyboard I had when I was 13. When I heard him play that auto samba beat, my heart just welled up with bloody, bloody tears. I loved that keyboard. Next stop after this: ebay.

Also, I wanted to mention again how awesome Todd Barry is since the last two times I've seen him, he's told people to write about him on their blogs. Yeah, as a joke, but anyway, there you go, Mr. Barry. Don't say *I* never did anything for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home