Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Because I Do Things Like Live-Blog Last Comic Standing

...which I totally didn't intend to watch, but then I remembered that I like Doug Benson.

I like how EVERY reality show has a Simon Cowell-type now. It's the equivalent of having someone with an eating disorder and/or alcoholism on The Real World, which, bee-tee-dubs, I am unable to watch as I no longer have cable, but I haven't watched it in years anyway. That reminds me that Theo from the Real World-Road Rules: Extreme Hellish Nightmare Blah Blah Hook-ups is actually on this season of Last Comic Standing. I missed his set though, so I don't know if he's funny. This is scintillating writing.

ALSO: I have no air conditioning and recently discovered that minor adjustments to a particular undergarment could have changed it from ill-fitting to well-fitting a long time ago. D'oh. GREAT SUMMER SO FAR!

UPDATE: I just figured something out: maybe they're NOT going to pick comics they don't focus on at all during the show? Eh? Also, I hope very few of those comedians, chosen and unchosen, go "out of control on drugs." I hate when that happens.

UPDATE II: That America's Got Talent show will definitely feature David Hasselhoff and Brandy as judges, FYFI.*, **

*The second "f" stands for "fantastic."
** I could have spelled it out eff-why-eye, because I'm like De la Soul except I'm one white girl with a lit degree from a tiny liberal arts college who watches Law and Order SVU ( or, "El & Oh-Ess-Vee-You") like it's my job, but it's still kind of the same thing. I CAN MANIPULATE THE LANGUAGE BECAUSE I'M EDUCATED AND POSSESS METALINGUISTIC SKILL, HIZZY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home