Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Frightening Statistic

Based on an informal poll (my "research") of six children who confirmed the following with 100% agreement, I can say with a good amount of certainty that THE AVERAGE CHILD THINKS THAT WHEN A SKUNK SEES A PREDATOR AND/OR IS SCARED, IT "FARTS."

Seriously, children DO think this. But when you really think about it, why don't adults think the very same thing? I mean, isn't that sort of what it's doing?

I STATE FOR THE RECORD THAT I ABHOR THE LAZY PARENTING THAT LEADS OUR CHILDREN TO ERRONEOUSLY CONCLUDE THAT SKUNKS USE FLATULENCE TO SCARE AWAY ENEMIES (no matter how good an idea it is). Because you know that a kid was like, "Then the skunk...(giggle due to the unadulterated glee one has when the dirty answer is the right answer)...FARTS!" (maniacal laughter), and the mom or dad was like, "Honey, no it...yeah, alright, whatever."

2 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

OMG.

I can't stop laughing.

6:32 PM  
Blogger K said...

IT'S TRUE!!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home