Friday, May 26, 2006

I Guess He Was Talking About How Tall I Am

While walking to the subway in the bronx today, I remember thinking to myself, "I thought this was a bad neighborhood, but it doesn't seem like it. It's pretty pleasant, in fact." Then, just as I was walking past this old man on the street who was walking toward me in the other direction, he stopped, stared at me, and then said something I didn't totally catch until I really thought about it:

"I like big girls like you."

The best thing about catcalls on the street is WHEN THEY INCLUDE BACKHANDED INSULTS.

Also, I'M TOTALLY PROPORTIONAL. SERIOUSLY.

Also, why do I have a disease where I tell people all of the embarassing crap that happens to me during the course of a day, like for example, when I stood up from my seat on the bus yesterday and banged my head on the metal ceiling rail with such force that I may actually have altered my own neurologic functioning (total traumatic brain injury)? I'd elaborate but my headache and subdural hematoma are making me type all funzy.

At least I cheered myself up by answering a wrong number call to my cell phone, thinking it was someone I knew, with a long, drawn-out "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuup," which was immediatley followed by a stranger's laughter. AWESOME! Serves you right for calling me when you don't know me. STICK TO YOUR OWN KIND, MAN.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

I have a disease where I accidentally tell secrets without realizing it. But shhh! Don't tell anybody.

1:44 PM  
Blogger lanyard said...

"Subdural hematoma" is a not-hilarious thing with a hilaaaaaaarious name.

Also, I do botarded things all the time. Yesterday I fell into a young man, clad all in black, reading Shakespeare on the subberway; a couple weeks ago, I was out to dinner and when I returned to the table from the ladies' commode, I hit the hanging light fixture with my head, causing it to swing wildly; assorted other incidents that are too painful to remember, but which prove the point that I am a bigass lummox.

Anyway, I hate when strangers make any kind of comment to me when I am in the public space. Excuse me: you are a stranger, and there is no reason for you to be talking to me, unless I have a piece of toilet paper stuck to my shoe and you are kindly notifying me. I think I'm just gonna start saying, "HEY! I'M WALKIN' HERE!!!" in a Ratso Rizzo way whenever old dudes say anything to me. I suggest you do the same.

Sincerely,
Professionalanyard

7:39 AM  
Blogger born / raised / based said...

kathy,
your blog is hi-larh-eeous! i've never read it before, but now i'm such a fan.
xo
rebs p.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home