Saturday, July 15, 2006

Guest Vocals by Robert Smith?

While I was screwing around on YouTube today* as I am wont to do, I stumbled upon the song "All of This" by Blink 182, only I had no idea it was Blink 182 because the chorus sounds JUST LIKE the Cure. Actually, most of the song sounds like the Cure (I mean, not as good, obviously). I'm not a Blink 182 fan, but I must say, it's an excellent song. Does anyone out there agree that WHOEVER is singing (maybe not the regular dude?) does some serious Robert Smith channeling?

*Oddly, the song accompanied a fan-made reel of clips from Italian horror film director Dario Argento's excellent Deep Red. Oh yeah, along with "Mr. Brightside," by the Killers. For the uninitiated, this is TOTALLY WEIRD. It would be like putting together a bunch of clips from Nightmare on Elm Street and then making it into a music video with, like, "Time of Your Life" by Green Day playing in the background, and then like, the Strokes or something. ZUH? It's not a romantic comedy, dude. It's a movie about a hatchet murderer. YouTube is weird. As an internet junkyard, though, I like it.

UPDATE: Why don't I just show you (spoiler alert):




UPDATE, AGAIN:

Doesn't David Hemmings look just like Stewie from Family Guy?

8 Comments:

Blogger ali said...

I can't figure out which is my fave death scene, Howdy Doody's or Christina Applegate's.

I think that I was still a child until I saw this. Fuck you for showing it to me.

7:07 AM  
Blogger lanyard said...

It totally does sound exactly like Robert Smith, or as the Japanese voiceover-guy said on that South Park where Robert Smith represented all the forces of good in the world, "Eh-robbu Smeet, Eh-robbu Smeet."

Also, the David Hemmings/Stewie thing is absolutely right. Sorry I didn't know who David Hemmings was until you told me. I'M A FRAUD!

I only watched a little of that clip. Eet skurred me.

7:23 AM  
Blogger ali said...

It is Robert Smith. I looked it up on Aamazon.

2:27 PM  
Blogger K said...

HOLY JESUS H. CHRIST OF NAZARETH!!!!!!


I'm *always* right.

11:47 AM  
Blogger K said...

PS: I emitted a *bloodcurdling scream* the first time I saw that scene with the walking doll.

FOR REAL. NOT JOKING.

BONE CHILLING.

11:54 AM  
Blogger K said...

I like when Christina Applegate blurbles out her water.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, the butler-bot? I thought he was gonna come out of the computer screen to kill me, personally.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this Suspiria one...

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home