Sunday, July 09, 2006

Italy Wins World Cup, My Heart

Good game, but totally surprising that:

a) Zidane headbutted Materazzi out of effing nowhere and totally away from where the ball was in play, thus getting him a red card and thrown out of the game, and
b) Even a man down, France still kinda dominated, with Italy ultimately winning by scoring more penatly kicks.

Yay Italy!

PS: Soccer is my favorite sport.
PPS: Italy is my favorite country.
PPPS: This World Cup montage set to U2's "One" totally manipulated me and now I'm crying.

UPDATE: I neglected to mention in this post that penalty kicks are totally RIDICULOUS.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Zidane did that shit. What kills me is never being able to know what the hell the other guy said to set him off.

4:03 PM  
Blogger K said...

It was probably like:

"Quit being so Vichy-washy."

Or:

"Hey: I dare you to push me."

Actually, he was Italian, so it was probably something like:

"Pizza meatball-o."

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"After the-a game I'ma gonna have the sex with your family."

11:55 PM  
Blogger lanyard said...

Hee hee.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home