Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So, Your Point Is...?

Today I was writing emails on a computer in my school library when a woman seated next to me turned and said, "You're banging on the keys." In response, I just stared at her, and she added in a mean voice with an angry look, "I don't know if you're aware, but you're banging...banging on the keys." Um...okay.

To that woman: You are a very special person, and you should always feel free to let everyone around you know all about your special needs.

You know, I kind of wish I was the kind of person who would respond to that by saying, "That's how I type. If you don't like it, you can leave." Instead, I said, " That's how I type. Sorry." LADY STRAIGHT-UP WALKED ALL OVER ME.

As a friend of mine once said, the worst thing about people doing crappy things to me is not the actual crappy thing, but how my reaction reveals to people what a doormat wimp I am. "Oh, excuse me, I think you forgot your knife in my back. Sorry about that. It's really my fault."

Not that this was a huge slight or radical injustice. I mean, maybe I was kind of banging on the keys...but that's kind of a totally insane thing to be annoyed about. I actually wish I had just turned to her and screamed, "EXCUSE ME BUT CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THINKING SO LOUD?? I CAN HEAR YOUR HEAD!!!!!" It was pretty hot, so I probably could have gotten away with it. Once again, the best way to stick it to someone is to scare the crap out of them by making them think you're crazy. It's more fun, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home