Thursday, January 05, 2006

My New Year's "Rez"

JK, I'm not telling anyone my new year's resolutions, otherwise everyone will know I didn't make any effort at all to follow them. Huzzah!

I'm going to casually slip the following into a conversation with someone today:

"Yeah, toilet paper is just so expensive. I stopped buying it. Whatever, now I just take more showers."

I think that's kind of awesome to say to another person.

I'm obsessed in an unhealthy way with the Nada Surf cover of "If You Leave," originally by OMD, that was on one of those OC cds. It's good. Speaking of Nada Surf, an awesome show for all:

Thirty bands on all three stages at the Knitting Factory NYC
Doors open at noon, first band is at 2 pm
Kissing booth, raffle, prizes for the first thirty people, tarot card
readers, and more to benefit the Southern Arts Federation Emergency Relief Fund

FEATURING:

WRENS
BREAKUP BREAKDOWN
NADA SURF (ACOUSTIC)
THE VIBRATION
THE BRONX IS BURNING
VIOLATOR
FRESHKILLS
ESTEVEZ
MAPLEWOOOD
KOESTER
AR DUVALL
LEADERS
THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!
POORBOY JOHNSON AND THE GODDAMN RATTLESNAKE
CORDOVA
GOODNIGHT GUNFIGHT
HEADS UP DISPLAY
CLASS
HOPEWELL
STALKERS
PARTS AND LABOR
ANTONIUS BLOCK
THE CHOKE
JULIA MARVEL
DEAD BETTIES
LANGHORNE SLIM
NAKED HIGHWAY
SOFT EXPLOSIONS
SUBURBAN MISSILE
THE RATS

Tickets are available on the Knitting Factory website and at the box office.

It should be a really good show. Buy tickets, dudes. I wanna say it's sunday the 15th at 12 noon, but check the knitting factory website.

Oh, I'm also obsessed with these guys.

This cold is a real asshole.

3 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

Hey, when is that thing? Tell. Tell.

8:10 AM  
Blogger lanyard said...

Hey! I happen to know from obsessive checking of your blog that the date of that thing was NOT in there before, and now my first comment makes me look like an asinine jackass (eh?) with no reading comprehension skillz or else an eye-tracking disorder.

I keel.

10:06 AM  
Blogger K said...

Dont sweat it, man, you just alerted me to the need for further info. Let me sooth your mind with the melodic sound of my word verification:

obyudsx....

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home