Saturday, December 31, 2005

Funny Story

I think that in the coming new year, I will introduce every sad, gross, or inappropriate thing I say with "Funny story..." I think people will really enjoy it. Example:

"Funny story: today I had lunch at an Applebees in midtown and then I threw up all day."

Or:

"Funny story: Tom's grandmother died."

I think everyone can see the humor in this.

In other news, the following opinion may be controversial to some. It was fully cemented (though perhaps always present in some formless, unarticulated way) a few days ago when I had the opportunity to watch a lot of satellite cable. Here goes:

THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY COMEDIES EQUAL TO THE GHOSTBUSTERS MOVIE SERIES IN QUALITY, SCOPE, PLOT, "STAR POWER," AND PERFORMANCES.

Yeah, I said it, and I stand by it. And yeah, I'm talking about both movies I and II. I invite anyone to suggest another comedy or comedies that rival the aforementioned masterpieces. Keep in mind, I'm talking about movies with actual plots that aren't loose and flimsy frameworks set up so that 1 to 3 actors can just freestyle (Wedding Crashers and the entire Adam Sandler catalogue, I'm looking in your direction. Yes I enjoyed all of you, er, most of you, but I'm talking well-crafted movies). Think about it: both Ghostbusters movies weren't just hysterically funny; they were also action-packed and scary (at times). I mean, who didn't shit themselves when that ghost in the library freaked the eff out? Okay, well the first time you saw it, at least? With the exception of the ludicrous Akroyd-ghost blowjob scene in the first movie (I know, I know, I'm flying in the face of all the evidence out there that ghosts exist for the express purpose of fucking the shit out of us), these movies are without flaw or compare. If you don't believe me, just watch them. You'll see. It's DOUBLE TRUE.

Now that that's been all cleared up, who ISN'T inspired to celebrate the new year in this amazing new york weather?

1 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

Whoa, mang: I never knew about that Smurl haunting thing, but I wouldn't have trusted anybody with the last name "Smurl" anyway. Sounds like Lynddie England's crony at Camp Testiclelectrodes.

I love you, K. Happy New Bleear!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home