Saturday, November 26, 2005

If I Really Have So Much Work to Do, Then Why Am I Still Typing This?

What did I give thanks for this past holiday? My crushing tendency to procrastinate, that's what. Without it, I would never have seen The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. A "blah-dow" is in order on that one.

Just before the holiday I was able to perform a real "koo-day-tah" against MicroSoft Word, my soemtime foe. No more formatting errors for me, THAT's for sure. Did everyone know that you're not supposed to put two spaces after a period when using MicroSoft Word because it's set up to allow the proper spacing after a period for each letter of the alphabet? Boy, you really DO learn something stupid everyday.

So instead of climbing the mountain of schoolwork in front of me, I'm writing this useless tripe and trying to follow The Godfather II, which is playing on the WB right now. I keep getting distracted by the TOTALLY PSYCHO sicilian accent everyone has. It's kind of silly that I haven't actually seen this before. Umm, how about when Diane Keaton tells Al Pacino she aborted their son because she doesn't love him anymore!? Now THAT'S filmmaking. Whoa, this is all totally effed.

I guess I could waste more time by composing my christmas list.

1. Freaks and Geeks DVD boxed set
2. Mr. Show DVDs
3. Nothing else
4. Well, maybe money

I'm sure that one will go through a few revisions. I really don't like the holidays much anymore. Now it just seems like one disappointing day in the middle of two useless weeks. It's just a whole bunch of clean-up, really.

Dead spirit alert! I better be careful or I'm going to be visited by the ghosts of christmas present, which will actually be ghosts made of the worst christmas presents I ever got. Is there anything more terrifying than an aromatherapy kit? Probably the most amazing christmas ever was the one where my dad's dog found a pile of presents I had left on the floor of my room near a window and peed on them and I didn't discover the pile until after it had sat in the sun for 4 hours. That was really...interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home