Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No End to Recent Book Bender In Sight

...(While stroking a long beard of spun gold that cascades from my chest)...

Since I've OBVIOUSLY had some free time in the last 3 days, I'd like to take this opportunity to descend from atop my throne on Mount Coolerthanthou and tell the plebes about some things I've been enjoying recently:

1) Big Dead Place, byNicholas Johnson, is a good book about Antarctica that is extremely funny and interesting. It had me actually laughing out loud, which hasn't happened since I read Early Bird by Rodney Rothman, another recommended read.

2) I have been listening to the song "Marble House," by The Knife, (from their recent album, Silent Shout), on repeat for the last three days. This arrangement will continue indefinitely as I'm pretty sure it's the best song ever.

3) Olde English rules and good stuff has been happening to them lately. See them at The Pit while you can. I haven't been able to yet, and I soon will, but please check out the vidoes on their website as they're hysterical.

4) This is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

That is all (elaborate flourish).

2 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

"cillzn." You're cillzn' likez a villzn.

Also, you are hysterically funny.

Also, you grow beards out of your CHEST?!

8:53 AM  
Blogger lanyard said...

I just re-read that beard thing and larfed and larfed.

In the immortal words of mankind's saviour, Rah-boot Smeet-u:

Why can't I be you?

"fzeeagbj."

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home