Friday, August 26, 2005

I Heart Television Psuedo Pscience

I don't know if anyone else has seen this show called Numb3rs, but it is a real doozy. Guess what everyone: police can solve crimes just by using math! Oh, and also physics. So basically, math and really confusing science-math. Wait, CBS, can you explain it again?


TH1S. SH0W. MAK3S. N0. S3NS3.

I just watched an entire episode in which Rob "My Daughter's name is 'Tu' and My Wife Still Loves Me" Morrow and his police squad tracked down a serial sniper-killer THAT WAS ACTUALLY MANY COPYCAT KILLERS DOING SO AS PART OF A VIRAL-EPIDEMIC-LIKE PHENOMENON DISCOVERED THROUGH COMPLEX STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE PARTICULARS OF EACH SHOOTING. Exactly. I guess the title should have tipped everyone off. Numb3rs, you are no Se7en. Also, how do you pronounce Numb3rs? Well, no one has to pronounce it...if no one's watching it.

Who can blame CBS for picking up a show like this? CSI made science "hot" and geeks of all kinds have been riding a wave of popularity paved with respect, hot chicks, unanticipated and awkwardly enjoyed handjobs and mixed metaphors for at least a few years now. I wouldn't be suprised to see more nerdtainment shows in the future; perhaps a show with a seasoned, loose-cannon type cop pairing up with a D&D freak to solve crimes using live-action role playing. LARPD, anyone?

David Krumholtz, I'll still watch because in my dreams, we are jewish together...and totally in love.


DK + me=(hot)(hot)/2sexy-pants

In fact, might I suggest a scintillating and cutting edge crime drama in which crimes can actually be predicted before they occur by studying and tracking meteorological patterns. But who could carry such a vehicle?


Who else? NBC, thank me later.

Wait a shit: Numb3rs is produced by Ridley and Tony Scott? Where are all the acid breathing aliens?


Oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home