Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's Easier to Make Fun of Other People's Conversations Than to Have Meaningful Ones of My Own

I overheard the following (true) conversation between two girls (maybe early 20s) at a Long Island train station as I was getting back to the city from Fire Island:

Girl 1: "So we're going to the beach and she comes out all ready to go, and she's got like, full make-up on, her hair's all done, she's wearing all this foundation and eye shadow and lipstick and stuff. Like, to go to the beach!"

Girl 2: "Yeah, she's always wearing make-up."

Girl 1: "I know it's ridiculous. Like, after we got back, she took a shower and came out and she wasn't wearing any make-up her hair was down and natural without that stupid thing on it (editor's note: "thing?"), and she was wearing nothing on her face at all, and she looked nice. Like, she looked totally fine."

Girl 2: "Really?"

Girl 1: "Well, she looked disgusting, but yeah, I mean, she totally looked fine."

Seriously, I don't even know where to start. The "friend" in question clearly has bigger problems than her horrific funhouse face, because these girls are *total shitheads. *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home