Sunday, September 11, 2005

The People Vs. The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I love horror movies, so I was quite disappointed to discover that this movie is less a terriffying story of demonic possession and more a weird, spiritual/philosophical courtroom drama. I could overlook Laura Linney, who ratcheted everyone's blood pressure meds up a notch in movies like Love, Actually and (shudder) The Life of David Gale (though she was actually quite good in Primal Fear), and I actually really like Campbell Scott (I never knew he was the son of George C. Scott! Weird!), but the movie had too few weird, fucked up sequences and too much...trial. What is this movie, a horror film, a suspense thriller, or an episode of Law and Order?


My own...personal...DEMON.

The juxtaposition is a little...strange. Normal doesn't blend with the supernatural very well. For example...


When was the last time you need something from the "beyond?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home